Saturday, June 28, 2008
A New Beginning
We have recently had a few changes happen in our life. Landon has been working extra hard at Verizon to become a manager. It just so happened that a management position opened this month. He applied for the management position about 2 weeks ago and just found out Thursday that he was chosen for the job over 6 other people. I am so proud of my husband. He is one of the hardest workers I know. I look up to him for his motivation and determination to always want to be better in whatever he does. I know I am slightly bias, but I couldn't think of anyone else who deserves this promotion more than him. Him getting that promotion was a HUGE blessing for our family. It turned into an even bigger blessing yesterday because I found out that I was being laid off. Everyone knows that the market has been super duper slow, so me being in the field of work that I'm in I didn't have the best job security. Landon and I had kind of been preparing just in case this were to happen. I had gotten my resume updated at the beginning of this week and now I have more open time to find something that I really like and that will be a better fit for us as a family. It was a good/bad thing. I will miss all my friends in that office more than they will ever know, but I am happy for the opportunity to find something new that I can put all my efforts into and truly enjoy. I am hoping to find something closer to home since gas prices are outrageous so we'll see I find. I am open to pretty much about anything so if any of you know of openings I am all ears. So, one day one of us is promoted, the next day the other is let go. lol We know that someone was looking after us to make it happen in that order and that close together so that we'd know we'd be okay. :-) Onto the next chapter of our lives! I can't wait to see what else is in store! Here are some pictures of me and my friends from Bonneville and o
f my desk that I spent the last year and a half of my life.











Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
YAY for new chapters! Somethings just happen for reasons we have yet to discover! But one thing I've learned is somehow it really does work out better in the end! Love you guys and congrats on the promotion!
Post a Comment