Together...where we like to be

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Father's Day Continued

Continued from last Father's Day blog......This last Sunday we headed out to my Grandma and Grandpa Larkin's for a Father's Day bbq bash. It was lots of fun. It was really nice to get to see some of my family. My great grandma Retallick, great aunt Peggy, great uncle Rex, uncle Lane, and cousin Landon were all there. My mom, Tim and brother Kasey were the last to show as usual, but this time they had a legitimate excuse for being late. ;-) We ate hot dogs, hamburgers, Grandma Larkin's fabulous salads, and Aunt Peggy's delicious lemon cake. Tim loved his gift. We got him a gift card to Sportmans so he can save up for his new gun he's been wanting. We gave him a perfect card this year too. Landon and I were picking out all of our dad's Father's Day cards and came across a barbie princess one. Tim always calls me his little princess since I am the only girl out of 6 boys. I couldn't resist, I had to get it for him. He thought it was very appropriate. I told him that Landon is slowly learning my princess status. ;-) After stuffing ourselves to sickness, we headed home. On the way home there was a gorgeous sunset. I made Landon roll his window down so I could try and take some pictures. It didn't work out as well as we had planned. The pictures don't give it justice. Continuing on with one more father to see......We went to dinner with my dad, Korey, and my Grandma and Grandpa Forbush at the Gateway. We went to ZeTeqez (however you spell that). It was pretty good, but way too expensive for what you get. Nothing beats Cafe Rio. :-) It was Korey's birthday on Monday so we were also celebrating his birthday. For Father's Day this year I decided to give my dad something creative. I had found this book at Barnes and Noble a month or so ago that is Why a Daughter Needs a Dad. It has 100 reasons why a daughter needs a dad. You can read some of those cute reasons on my previous blog. It had some cute pictures in it that had something to do with each of the reasons, but I wanted to make it a bit more personal. So, I spent a few hours picking some cute pictures that I liked of me & my dad and me & Landon then put them next to some of the reasons they applied to. It actually turned out pretty good. He said,"You almost made me cry." I don't think I have ever seen my dad cry so an almost means quite a bit to me. :-) After almost a week of running around we are done with Father's Day. We hope all our daddy's know how much we love them and appreciate them for all they do for us. We love you! xoxo

1 comment:

Carlye said...

Aw, I love your family!