Together...where we like to be

Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day for 4 Mother's

All of you people out there whose parents aren't divorced consider yourselves super lucky. This not being only for the obvious reason of having your parents living in the same household, but also for the fact that when they are both remarried, divorced once again and married once again, you have that many more parents you have to find time for. Don't get us wrong; we love all of our parents, step parents and all, but wow, holidays can get a little hectic. Unfortunately, there is never enough time on the actual holiday to go visit them all so we end up celebrating ALL our holidays for about three days. :-) This year we saw Landon's step mom on Saturday afternoon, my mom Saturday night and his mom Sunday evening. Michelle still lives in Chicago, unfortunately, so we didn't get to see her. We're hoping we can talk her into moving back HOME. ;-) All of us kids went to Tom and Britt's yesterday to cook kabobs and celebrate Mother's Day. They were very delicious! Then we had left over cake from one of the two weddings we went to last week. Landon's cousin got married on Thursday and his step brother, Couper, got married on Friday. They were both all day events. So, needless to say after the two weddings and all the Mother's Day running around we are pooped. In ending this post I would like to say that we recognize one of the greatest blessings having divorced parents can be having more family. We look at it is us having more people to love and more people to love us. We love you all and hope all our Mother's know how much we appreciate them. xoxo

3 comments:

Meghann said...

Sounds exhausting! I've felt that frustration of trying to keep everyone happy, and I only had to deal with a one way split and only one remarried, so I can't even imagine. If it makes you feel any better. I think you do a great job!

Kelli said...

You guys are very busy on holidays. It's awesome that you get along with all of them so well. You're good at looking on the bright side of things. I'm glad you had a fabulous Mother's Day, or should I say Days. :)

Anonymous said...

Ashly~ I saw your link on Tom and Brit's. Your blog is way cute! I added you as a link on mine. So keep in touch.

Nat