Together...where we like to be

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Back to School

For the last three weeks of October I spent my days in a classroom. I had to wake up at 5:30am and drive to West Valley everyday. This is all very similar to being back in school. For those of who don't know, I was hired by Verizon for the Customer Service position in the Riverdale store. Each new hire has to go through three weeks of training. When I first heard I was going to have to go to training I was told I might have to go to Denver for the three weeks. We ended up having enough people here in Salt Lake to have the training in our West Valley Training Center. Besides the waking up early, training wasn't bad at all. Actually, it was a lot of fun. Usually there are about fifteen people in each class, but ours only had six. We really enjoyed our small group. We got to know each other really well over the three weeks. I became really good friends with one of the girls in my class. Her name is Ashley too. :-) She works in our Jordan Landing location, so unfortunatley we aren't very close to each other, but we still keep in touch. On top of having fun training friends we had an awesome trainer. She made the long three weeks not seem so long. She made things fun for us and I feel like I learned a lot from her. Last Friday was our last day. It was bitter sweet leaving. We all had a good time together, but we were excited to be back in our stores to start our new journeys. Yesterday was my first day back in the store. I won't lie, I was a little intimidated, but I know each day will get easier and easier. Verizon is a great company to work for. I'm excited to see where this new career takes me.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm glad you had fun in training! Thats always good! :) We need to get together again soon!