I realize I have neglected our blog for much too long. I'm sure that some of you are going through Thompson Blog withdrawls. No need to worry my friends! We are back! It has been an insanely busy month in the Thompson home. Landon had been working his little hiney off getting his new guys in his store settled and I'm trying to learn as much as I can about the biz. We have both been working a lot of overtime and will only be working more over the Holidays. Unfortunatley, this is the life of people in retail. Besides all the extra hours put in, I'm really enjoying my job. It's so nice to not be working in Escrow right now. That's not only because of the lack of work in that position, but also because I was just ready for something different. I think Landon and I both were ready for me to do something else. Working all these crazy hours we see less of our family, but we see more of each other. Honestly, we see each other more now than we have our whole time knowing each other. Okay, maybe we did see each other more when we were dating because we gave up all sleep just to be with each other. And lets face it, when you get married you just don't stay up as late. But seriously, we are doing really good. We are excited for this time of year. I thought I was going to be making Thanksgiving this year, but my Grandma Forbush ended up coming to my rescue and inviting us to join them. :-) This is our year with my dad. We only do one set of parents on Thanksgiving so we only spend it with them every four years. It sucks we have to do that, but it works out best for us to not have to run around all day and really get to enjoy their company for the whole day. We're not quite sure how we are going to do Christmas this year. It has changed each year. Neither of us like to give up seeing any of our parents, but it becomes an insanely crazy day when we try to see all four sets of parents in one day. No matter how it works out we want all of them to know we love them all and if we had the power we would spend hours with each of them on every holiday. :-) Since Thanksgiving is tomorrow I feel it necessary to say what I am thankful for.
I am thankful for:
-My husband who works so hard
-My family
-My dogs, even though they are pests sometimes. They fill that space in our family. :-)
-Our house. Many people are losing their homes and we have been blessed to have a home we can afford and keep as ours.(and the banks) ;-)
-Life-I lost someone special in my life this year who had lived a short life. All the way until the end she fought and had a smile on her face. We must live each day as if it's our last. Don't sweat the small stuff. Use all the energy you use for anger and saddness for happiness and laughing.
-Last, but not least my Heavenly Father. I know I can always count on him to be by my side through all my trails.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving! We love you all!
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
I was going through withdrawals. How was the Dawson's Creek and quesadilla the other night. Splendid I'm sure. I say keep going to all your parents houses until you have kids, cause then it will be simply impossible. Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment