Together...where we like to be

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Dedicated to Shellie Nelson-Ernest


This year has been a tough year for my mom's side of the family. We all watched one of our loved one's life get cut short by a dreadful disease. My second cousin Shellie, fought Breast Cancer for five years until it finally got the best of her. She was sent to her Heavenly Father on November 2, 2008. She was only 38 years old and left behind her husband Danny, two sons Jake and Tyler, and daughter Emilee.

Shellie was one of the strongest people I have ever met. She battled an awful disease for so many years and the whole time all she was worried about was everyone else. Even up to her last words, she was trying to keep us all smiling by cracking jokes. She was an easy person to be around and love. I have never seen so many people at one funeral service. She had a line out the door the entire night. Shellie, we will miss you everyday. We love you very much and will do our best to take care of your family. Save us a place in Heaven.


Breast Cancer is a powerful disease that takes the lives of many of our loved ones each day. One in eight woman get breast cancer. You should be asking yourself, "Am I aware of my chances of getting breast cancer?" Get your yearly mammograms and make sure you are being proactive checking yourself regularly. Early detection can save a life.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I'm sorry to hear about her death. You'll be in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Hey, can I get your address.