Together...where we like to be

Friday, August 28, 2009

Life as a ROADIE

Many of you may not know, but I have decided to start a full time job as a roadie. lol Ok, so not really, but I have enjoyed pretending to be one this month. Two weeks ago I got a call from my manager. He says to me, "Are you sitting down?" Here I am thinking I'm going to get fired. Then he says, "You won free tickets to the Green Day concert!" I never win anything! And now I was winning not just two but four tickets to the Green Day concert and soundcheck passes that gets us in the VIP! Best day ever! This was on Friday that I found out and the concert was on Sunday (I know, I know, sinner on a Sunday. But, you can't say you'd give up something like this!). So Friday night Landon and I were trying to figure out who we should take. I told him I wanted us to take someone who would not only appreciate the opportunity, but the music too. So, the two people that popped into mind was Landon's uncle Dave and aunt Lindsey. Dave is in a band of his own so I knew he woudl love it and his wife Linds is very open minded and laid back so I knew she'd be all for it. We called and asked them if they liked Green Day. When they said yes we said, "Well, then lets go to their concert this Sunday! Oh, and, lets go to the bands soundcheck and hang out in VIP!" We had to be to the Energy Solutions Arena at 4:00pm sharp on Sunday. The concert didn't start until 7:00pm so we had a few hours of fun they had planned for us. There was a group of about 30 of us that had won tickets. We all got to go in the ESA while all the rest of the unfortunate souls had to still wait outside in line. We waited around for a little bit until the band was ready for us then we headed into their soundcheck. They played about 4 songs just for us!!! It was awesome! Then we all headed up to the VIP lounge to wait for the concert to start. Up in VIP they had food, drinks, guitar hero, couches, free t-shirts and just some time to chill. We were up there for about an hour and a half then the concert was about ready to start. We went down to our seats and jammed out to the opening band Franz Ferdinand (hope I spelled that right). They were great! They only had one song I knew, but that didn't keep me from groovin to the other songs. Then came Green Day! I will admit that they were a bit vulgar at times. It seems like rockstars always have to make their point when they come to Utah. But, once they got the show started we rocked the night away! We had such a good time, but I definitely don't feel as young as I used to! I was exhausted by the end of the day! 7 hours of straight rock and roll chaos burned me out! But, in a good way. :-) I was so glad we got this opportunity. Thanks Verizon for making it worth being nice to our customers.

No comments: