Tuesday, July 8, 2008
A New Start
I am not longer unemployed! :-) I have been out of work since last Friday and I have felt like this job hunting has been more work than what I was doing at my last job. I thought I would have at least one day to enjoy myself, but every day was filled with errands and job searching. I suppose the hard work paid off because today I got a job. Landon had asked the manager in the Riverdale store if they were hiring and they had a position open for a greeter. Since a greeter is usually considered a temporary position I had to interview with Adecco. They are a temp agency and Verizon is one of their clients. So this morning, bright and early, I went and interviewed at Adecco. They are quite extensive on the amount of information they need from you so I spent all day running around getting everything they needed. I had to go take a drug test and they have to do a back ground check. I guess Verizon really wants top of the line employees working for them. So, the way this Adecco thing works is that I really will be employeed by Adecco for my grace period, which happens to end on August 31. After the grace period is over Verizon will decide if they still want me as their greeter. If they do I will still be paid from Adecco and will still be technically employed by them. If I decide that I want to further my status in the company and excel to a higher position I can apply for the job, like Customer Service, and then I will be an actual employee of Verizon. I may do that after Christmas. If I am a Verizon employee I will get the same great benefits that landon gets including school reinbursement, which means I may be able to go back to school. :-) I really am very excited, but I am also a little nervous. This will be completely different from what I have been doing and so I will be out of my comfort zone. And I have been used to working with all girls and now I will be surrounded by testosterone. It's a bit intimidating, but I was very impressed with the manager and his professionalism today and the other people seemed nice so I'm sure everything will be fine. I will tell you that over this past week I have realized how glad I am to not be in the title biz anymore. I am ready to take on this new experience and show them what this tough gal can do. :-) Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you! Good luck! I know you'll do great!!!
Post a Comment