Wednesday, October 6, 2010
HaPpY 27tH bDaY mY lOvE
This year for Landon's bday we wanted to get away. It was February so we knew wherever we went we would have to be prepared for a cold adventure. Shortly before Landon's birthday we had heard that his Grandma T was going to be selling her home in Buhl, Idaho. This was a childhood get away for all the grandkids and was where Landon's dad and aunt grew up. So, we thought there was no better place to venture to then to see Grandma T's house one last time with all the memorabilia intact. We have always loved going to Grandma T's since we were dating. It's just far away enough so you feel like you got your space, but not too far where you feel like all you did is drive. It was really nice to have it just be us and Grandma T. We relaxed, ate good food and enjoyed soaking in all the good memories made there. I took a bunch of pictures of the things Landon and the rest of the grandkids would like to remember the most about Grandma's. We were able to make her and Gregg a nice book with all the pictures so that they could always carry those memories with them. On our last day there we went for a long drive with Grandma around town. I got to see some parts of Buhl I hadn't seen before. It really is a beautiful place. There's lots of gorgeous countryside and fun monuments to visit. Landon and I had fun taking pictures while Grandma T stayed warm in the car. : ) It was very bittersweet for us to leave Grandma's. I think it was hard for Landon to think that was the last time he'd see her house just as they have always remembered. I remember feeling that same way when my grandparents moved from the only house I had ever known them to have. It's crazy how many memories one house can hold. I hope that some day we can provide that kind of memoribilia for our family. Home....where our story begins.








































Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment